… as the current healthcare circumstance demonstrates, the need for trained, competent and compassionate healthcare professionals is greater than ever. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics calls health care occupations the fastest-growing overall, and that “increased demand for health care services from an aging population and people with chronic conditions will drive much of the expected employment growth.” Below please find the profiles of the 11 high-growth health sciences fields, most of which require programs offered by KACCS Colleges and Schools:
- Dental Hygienist — Associate degree. Dental hygienists earned $74,820, on average, in 2018.
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, Cardiovascular Technologist or Technician — Associate degree. Sonographers and cardiovascular technologists earned $67,080, on average, in 2018.
- Home Health Aide or Personal Care Aide — High school diploma with short-term on-the-job training required. Home health and personal care aides earned $24,060, on average, in 2018.
- Licensed Practical Nurse, Licensed Vocational Nurse — A postsecondary non-degree award. LPNs and LVNs made $44,090, on average, in 2018.
- Medical Assistant — A postsecondary non-degree award. Medical assistants earned $33,610, on average, in 2018.
- Medical Records and Health Information Technician — A postsecondary non-degree award. Medical records and health information technicians earned $40,350, on average, in 2018.
- Phlebotomist — A postsecondary non-degree award. Phlebotomists earned $34,480, on average, in 2018.
- Registered Nurse — Associate degree. Registered nurses earned $71,730, on average, in 2018.
- Radiation Therapist — An associate degree. Radiation therapists earned $80,160, on average, in 2018.
- Surgical Technologist — A postsecondary non-degree award. Surgical technologists earned $47,300, on average, in 2018.
- Veterinary Technologist, Veterinary Technician — An associate degree. Veterinary technologists and technicians earned $34,420, on average, in 2018.
Source: Career College Central Feb. 2020 edition Vol. 14, Issue 1